Young and old are on equal footing in the Equalizer Series, where race times are equalized using standard track and field age-grading procedures.
2020 Equalizer Standings
Equalizer Series Races
Sunday 25: 8:00 am RRCA 10 Mile Challenge
Sunday 6: 7:00 am Frederick Half Marathon
Saturday 19: 8:00 am Germantown 5 Miler
Saturday 30: 8:30 am Independence 5000
Wednesday 11: 6:30 pm Summer Decathlon 800m
Saturday 8: 8:00 am Frederick Market Street Mile
Saturday 20: 8:30 am Spook Hill Cider & Wine 4 Mile Run
NOTE: For races listed as TBD, the date has not yet been set. The date listed is the best guess based on historical data.
- It is not necessary to qualify for the Grand Prix to compete in the Equalizer Series.
- For each race in the Equalizer Series:
- Results will be converted into age-performance percentages (see below).
- Each percentage will be converted into a 4-digit number.
- This number will be the runner’s score for the race.
- Top 4 scores per runner will be totaled, resulting in a final score for the series.
Age-graded scoring allows runners of any age and any gender to be compared fairly against each other. If you are interested in the fine details, click here. The official age-grading calculator used by FSRC for the Equalizer Series can be found here.
Awards for the top 3 female and male winners are distributed at the FSRC Year-End Celebration Banquet.