Membership on the Steeplechasers Racing Team has several benefits:
- Complimentary racing team singlet or short sleeve
- Complimentary racing team jacket or 1/4 zip
- Elite team members receive $50 of unrestricted funds to use towards two running events listed on the racing calendar
- Developmental team members receive $25 of unrestricted funds to use towards one running event listed on the racing calendar
Once chosen to represent FSRC on the Steeplechasers Racing Team, team members must:
- Maintain current FSRC membership
- Continue to meet qualifying time standards
- Participate in a minimum of 4 races in the Frederick County/Baltimore/Metropolitan DC area, with at least 3 of those races from the Racing Team Race Schedule. Racing Team members however, are encouraged to participate in as many local races as possible.
- Volunteer for at least 3 FSRC events during the calendar year of team membership.
- Have a signed copy of this contract on file.
Qualifying Time Standards
To be considered for membership to the Steeplechasers Racing Team, applicants must be 18 years or older, must meet or exceed specific time standards for their age and gender in at least two races within the previous one-year time span. Qualifying distances must be at least 5k in length and no longer than a marathon. Only distances available in the age-graded calculator will be accepted.
The official age-grading calculator used to determine eligibility is here.
- Elite Men’s Team: Age-graded percentile greater than 73%
- Elite Women’s Team: Age-graded percentile greater than 73%
- Developmental Men’s Team: Age-graded percentile greater than 71%
- Developmental Women’s Team: Age-graded percentile greater than 71%
The Steeplechasers Racing Team Coordinator monitors members’ race times to ensure they continue to satisfy the time standards.
Steeplechasers Racing Team applications are taken twice per year:
- Dec 1 through Dec 31: For team membership Jan 1 through Dec 31
- Jun 1 through June 30: For team membership Jul 1 through Jun 30
If you meet the time standards, and agree to the requirements, please fill out this form to apply for the team, or to renew your application.
If you have further questions, contact email@example.com