A little competition among friends. Run specific local races, and then with a little mathematical and computer science magic by FSRC, see how you compare to other Steeplechasers.
2018 Grand Prix Standings
Grand Prix Series Races
Saturday 20: 8:30 am Lewis Memorial 10-Miler
Sunday 25: 8:00 am RRCA 10 Mile Challenge
Saturday 10: 1:00 pm Forest of Needwood 5 Miler
Saturday 14: 8:30 am Makin’ Hay 10K
Sunday 6: 7:00 am Frederick Half Marathon
Saturday 19: 8:00 am Germantown 5 Miler
Saturday 23: 7:30 pm Frederick Summer Solstice 8k
Saturday 30: 8:30 am Independence 5000
Wednesday 11: 6:30 pm Summer Decathlon 800m
Saturday 14: 8:00 am Catoctin 50K Trail Run
Saturday 21: 8:00 am Run for the Pie 10K
Saturday 4: 7:30 am Frederick Women’s Distance Festival – MD State WDF Grand Prix Series Event
Saturday 8: 8:00 am Frederick Market Street Mile
Sunday 30: 8:00 am Bachman Valley Half Marathon
Saturday 6: 7:30 am Freedom’s Run Marathon
Saturday 20: 8:30 am Spook Hill Cider & Wine 4 Mile Run
Saturday 17: 6:00 am Stone Mill 50 Mile Run
Thursday 22: 8:30 am Way Station 5K Turkey Trot
Saturday 8: 10:00 am YMCA Santa Run 10k (Date TBD)
NOTE: For races listed as TBD, the date has not yet been set. The date listed is the best guess based on historical data.
- Series consists of the races identified in the Grand Prix Series Races list, to the extent those events are held.
- Best 5 races count towards scoring.
- Must run a minimum of 4 races to qualify for an award.
- May enter the Grand Prix at any point once your membership has been paid for the current calendar year. No retroactive scoring will be allowed.
- Age will be determined by the competitor’s age on January 1st of the current calendar year.
- Official results are used for all scoring. If you think your result has been missed, or that your time is inaccurate, please contact the race director to resolve, and contact the Competition Committee when the official results have been updated, to get the club standing corrected.
- Unofficial bib swap is neither allowed nor condoned by races or within FSRC club competition.
- Ties are broken as follows:
- Look at point differential in head-to-head races.
- If not resolved, look at time differential in head-to-head races.
- If not resolved, look at average score for all included races (limit best 5 races).
- If not resolved, and this is a division tie, look at average score for overall included races (limit best 5 races).
- If still not resolved, tie is declared.
- Overall score based on top 50 finishers with first place receiving 50 points, second place receiving 49 points, etc.
- Age-group score based on top 10 finishers with first place receiving 10 points, second place receiving 9 points, etc.
- Top 5 overall, male and female.
- Top 5 male and female in the following age groups:
- Youth (13 and under)
- Open 14 to 29
- Open 30 to 39
- Master 40 to 49
- Grand Master 50 to 59
- Super Master 60 to 69
- Super Grand Master 70 and over
- No duplication of awards.
- Awards are distributed at the FSRC Year-End Celebration Banquet.