The Women’s Distance Festival 5k Training Program is for beginner, casual, and intermediate women runners. The program provides the opportunity to improve fitness while learning about running in an encouraging, friendly, and collaborative atmosphere.
Program participants must be 14 years of age or older.
To help protect against injury, prior to program start, we strongly recommend you are:
- Comfortable walking 30 minutes at any pace.
- Have the blessing of your physician if you have some sort of medical issue that may affect your participation (heart issues, orthopedic concerns, etc.)
Program Start Date
- Information Session and First Run: June 7, 2023
- Program Length: 9 weeks
Like the Frederick Steeplechasers Running Club Facebook page to be alerted when registration opens for the next session.
- Program Cost: $0 for members of the Frederick Steeplechasers Running Club.
- FSRC Membership: $20/year individual FSRC membership provides free access to training programs, social events, educational events, and other club activities. Discounted couple, family, and youth rates are also available. Click here to join.
- Registration for the training program does not include race registration. Participants who plan to run the goal race must register for the race separately.
Note: The registration page will be updated when registration opens for the next program.
Participants who have already registered for this year’s training program should join our Frederick Women’s 5k Training Program Facebook group for the best experience and opportunity to communicate with your fellow runners and coaches. This group is only for current Steeplechasers who are registered for the WDF 5k Training Program.
Weather Cancellation Policy
Regarding potentially unsettled weather, please see our weather cancellation policy.